- Created: 11 August 2020 11 August 2020
PRE-ARRIVAL GUEST INFORMATION (COVID-19) - as at 8/9/21 (subject to change)
We are looking forward to welcoming you to Nicholaston House - the following pre-arrival information aims to inform you of some changes and requirements in order to minimise the risk of exposure to coronavirus (COVID-19).
Please review and adhere to the latest Coronavirus (COVID-19) information for Wales at: https://gov.wales/coronavirus
Our priorities are to ensure the health, safety and well-being of our guests, team, suppliers and local community, while providing a welcoming and enjoyable environment, along with high standards of housekeeping.
Travelling to, and visiting Nicholaston House, like anywhere else, is not risk-free. Anyone who is symptomatic, has tested positive, is awaiting a test result or has been advised to self-isolate by NHS Test Trace Protect, must not attend. To protect our team and guests we require confirmation on arrival that you are COVID-19 symptom-free. We actively encourage all guests to take a Lateral Flow Test the day before travelling to Nicholaston House. You can find out more about home test kits here: https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests We are also asking guests to advise us of their current covid vaccination status within 3 working days of their intended visit/stay, so we can evaluate the potential risks to all those living and working in, or visiting the House.
Current measures to minimuse the risk of covid-19 - please:
- continue to socially distance between guests/staff of other households during your visit
- frequently wash hands; hand sanitation stations are also available throughout the premises
- continue to wear a face covering in public areas indoors, unless exempt
Those experiencing coronavirus symptoms listed below should not attend:
- new continuous cough
- high temperature
- loss of or change to your normal sense of smell or taste (anosmia)
Information about ways to minimise risk of exposure to COVID-19 is available by way of this pre-arrival information, upon check-in and also via signage within and around the House. Our staff have been re-trained and will be operating under new procedures, which includes an enhanced cleaning and sanitising regime before, during and after guests stay with us. Please take note of check-in and check-out times when booking. During your stay, some parts of the House may be closed for cleaning and sanitising at certain times. Please be patient with us; we ask that you respect and co-operate with our team members throughout your stay. In order to maximise ventilation, windows in public areas will be open to allow for fresh air ventilation.
We want your experience and stay with us to be as 'normal' as possible, but we would like to make you aware of some changes to our usual service.
Things to bring:
- Towels (sorry, we are not providing towels at this time)
- Toiletries and personal sanitary items (we only provide liquid hand soap)
- Face covering (please wear a face covering in public areas indoors, unless exempt)
- Pen, notebook, Bible, phone/tablet, cards, boardgames etc. (there are limits on communal use)
- *Pillows (although we provide these, you may prefer to bring your own)
- *Disposable gloves and hand sanitiser (for when out and about during your visit)
- *Picnic blanket/picnic chair & suncream (for relaxing in the garden in good weather)
- We are unable to provide hairdryers etc. at this time – you are welcome to bring your own should you wish. All guest electrical items should be in a safe condition.
*optional items (non-essential)
When you arrive:
- Please use the lower front car park ONLY (Bryn Room guests may park in the upper car park once checked in)
- If it is raining and the front entrance is busy, please wait in your car until the area is clear
- You will be greeted by a member of our team who will ask you if you are COVID-19 symptom-free and will take your temperature. You will only be admitted to the House if you are symptom free. If you have COVID-19 symptoms, you will be unable to stay with us, and will need to return home and self-isolate (following current public health/government advice regarding testing)
- Please immediately sanitise your hands on entering the House
- A member of our team will check you in at reception - please retain your keys (keeping them safe at all times) during your stay as they will be required for House access 24/7 (please return to reception before departing)
During your stay:
- A table service breakfast will be served in the dining room
- Where included/booked, a packed lunch will be provided for lunch
- A 2-course table service dinner will be served in the dining room
- Table service morning refreshments and afternoon tea will be available according to our programme and at other times subject to availability (please check when booking)
- We ask that guests use their own bedroom toilet facilities as much as possible throughout their stay. Public toilet facilities are available in the conference room only, but reduced to aid social distancing
- Unless necessary, please use the stairs instead of the lift. The rear staircase is for emergency/evacuation only. If you are staying in the Bryn Room the use of the back staircase is for emergency use only
- For practical reasons, we are unable to provide guest access to our art room, guest kitchen, bar area and prayer room at this time
- Tables, chairs and other furniture have been spaced out - please respect others' wishes to remain socially-distanced
- If you feel unwell or have any COVID-19 symptoms, please let us know IMMEDIATELY and follow current public health/government advice regarding testing (this is likely to mean making arrangements to return home immediately, rather than arranging a local test and waiting for the result). N.B. We do not have facilities for self-isolation at Nicholaston House.
Before you check out:
- Be sure to put your room keys in the key return box before you depart