- Created: 11 August 2020 11 August 2020
PRE-ARRIVAL GUEST INFORMATION (COVID-19) - as at 27/10/20
We are looking forward to welcoming you to Nicholaston House - the following pre-arrival information aims to inform you of some changes and requirements in order to minimise the risk of exposure to coronavirus (COVID-19).
Please review and adhere to the latest Coronavirus (COVID-19) information for Wales at: https://gov.wales/coronavirus
Our priorities are to ensure the health, safety and well-being of our guests, team, suppliers and local community, while providing a welcoming and enjoyable environment, along with high standards of housekeeping.
Travelling to, and visiting Nicholaston House, like anywhere else, is not risk-free. Please do not travel if you have coronavirus symptoms, are in a self-isolation period, or reside in an area currently locked- down. To protect our team and guests we require confirmation on arrival that you are COVID-19 symptom-free.
Please note, in Wales it is a legal requirement for us to take all reasonable measures to ensure that:
- A distance of 2 metres is maintained
- Reasonable measures are taken at our premises e.g. limit close face to face interaction & maintain hygiene
- Information is provided to those entering our premises about how to minimise the risk
In line with this we ask guests to:
- maintain a 2m social distance between guests/staff of other households during your visit – social gatherings of mixed households should not currently take place within the House
- frequently wash hands; hand sanitation stations are also available throughout the premises
- wear a face covering in public areas indoors as required by law - latest info for Wales is available here: https://gov.wales/coronavirus
Those experiencing coronavirus symptoms listed below should not attend:
- new continuous cough
- high temperature
- loss of or change to your normal sense of smell or taste (anosmia)
Information about ways to minimise risk of exposure to COVID-19 is available by way of this pre-arrival information, upon check-in and also via signage within and around the House. Our staff have been re-trained and will be operating under new procedures, which includes an enhanced cleaning and sanitising regime before, during and after guests stay with us. Please take note of check-in and check-out times when booking. During your stay, some parts of the House may be closed for cleaning and sanitising at certain times. Please be patient with us; we ask that you respect and co-operate with our team members throughout your stay. We look forward to welcoming you soon - please read on for additional information.
We want your experience and stay with us to be as 'normal' as possible, but we would like to make you aware of some changes to our usual service.
Things to bring:
- Towels (sorry, we are not providing towels at this time)
- Toiletries and personal sanitary items (we only provide liquid hand soap)
- Face covering (please wear a face covering in public areas indoors)
- Pen, notebook, Bible, phone/tablet, cards, boardgames etc. (there are limits on communal use)
- *Pillows (although we provide these, you may prefer to bring your own)
- *Disposable gloves and hand sanitiser (for when out and about during your visit)
- *Picnic blanket/picnic chair & suncream (for relaxing in the garden in good weather)
- We are unable to provide hairdryers etc. at this time – you are welcome to bring your own should you wish. All guest electrical items should be in a safe condition.
- *optional items (non-essential)
When you arrive:
- Please use the lower front car park ONLY
- If it is raining and the front entrance is busy, please wait in your car until the area is clear
- You will be greeted by a member of our team who will ask you if you are COVID-19 symptom-free and will take your temperature. You will only be admitted to the House if you are symptom free. If you are 37.8°C or above you will be unable to stay with us, and will need to return home and self-isolate (following current public health/government advice regarding testing)
- Please immediately sanitise your hands on entering the House
- A member of our team will check you in at reception - please retain your keys (keeping them safe at all times) during your stay as they will be required for House access 24/7
During your stay (may vary):
- A table service cooked breakfast may be served in the dining room or provided by way of an in-room continental breakfast tray (please check when booking which service is being provided during your stay)
- Where included/booked, a packed lunch will be provided for lunch by 11am (at the bar area)
- A 2-course table service dinner will be served in the dining room (please check timines when booking)
- Table service morning refreshments and afternoon tea may be available subject to availability (please check when booking)
- We ask that guests use their own bedroom toilet facilities throughout their stay. Public toilet facilities will be reduced and are for emergencies/day visitors only
- Unless necessary, please use the stairs instead of the lift. The rear staircase is for emergency/evacuation only. If you are staying in the Bryn Room the use of the back staircase is for emergency use only
- We are unable to provide guest access to our art room, guest kitchen, bar area and prayer room at this time
- Tables, chairs and other furniture have been spaced out which may limit numbers permitted, including the conservatory, lounge, conference room and chapel (private prayer only) – you will be asked not to move furniture in public areas
- If you feel unwell or have any COVID-19 symptoms you must stay in your bedroom, let us know IMMEDIATELY, self-isolate (returning home if at all possible) and arrange a test
- For a sample full-board menu, please click here
Before you check out:
- Be sure to put your room keys in the key return box before you depart