Personal Retreat Time
Relax | Refresh | Restore
16 - 23 September 2019
Event Type: Personal Retreat Break
Theme/Focus: Relaxation / Self-Led
Board: Room Only or 'In Room' Continental Breakfast Tray
Check In: 4 p.m. Monday
Departure: 10 a.m. Monday
Stay Length: 2 - 7 Nights
Available for Group Bookings: Yes - please enquire for details!
Come and experience the peace at Nicholaston House Christian Retreat, situated on the Gower coast in South Wales (UK), during one of our personal retreat breaks.
Stay 2 - 7 nights on a room only or 'in room' continental breakfast basis. Breakfast is provided by way of an in-room continental breakfast tray, consisting of: a porridge oat pot (gluten- and dairy-free option available), croissant with jam, a piece of fruit and carton of juice.
Relax in the conservatory overlooking Oxwich Bay, or explore the local Gower area: the UK's first designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Enjoy walks around the quiet garden, following the guided prayer walk, or simply sit and enjoy the view and tranquil environment. Seats are strategically placed to capture the view of the garden, countryside and coast. A small ‘Hermitage’ may be used for personal prayer and quiet times.
These personal retreat times are set aside for people to come and enjoy time-out where, although there is no structured programme, there are opportunities to join with staff and other guests for devotional times. At other times, guests may access the Chapel for personal devotional times.
All guest bedrooms are situated on the first floor and accessed by stairs or lift. One room has been adapted to meet some of the needs of people with disabilities. Linen, towels and complimentary soaps are provided in all bedrooms, as well as tea- and coffee-making facilities.
Please note: during this week other events may also be running, including day conferences, quiet days and prayer ministry. From time-to-time, some areas of the House may be restricted due to conference / ministry use.
Room Only Rates (minimum 2-night stay):
- £45/person/night (incl. VAT) – guaranteed single occupancy of a non-single room
- £30/person/night (incl. VAT) – single occupancy of a single room (limited rooms available)
- £25/person/night (incl. VAT) – shared occupancy of a non-single room
In Room B&B (Continental Breakfast Tray) Rates (minimum 2-night stay):
- £50/person/night (incl. VAT) – guaranteed single occupancy of a non-single room
- £35/person/night (incl. VAT) – single occupancy of a single room (limited rooms available)
- £30/person/night (incl. VAT) – shared occupancy of a non-single room
- If availability is confirmed, please complete the online booking form below;
- Please telephone to pay the deposit or amount due by card or send your payment by cheque or *BACS within 5 days of submitting your form;
- All bookings are subject to Terms and Conditions;
- Full payment is required 4 weeks prior to arrival;
- Please see the Frequently Asked Questions page for additional general information.
*Please contact us for BACS payment details. We require a notification that a BACS payment has been made so we may confirm this and generate a payment receipt.
‘God’s House’ is a detailed account of how Nicholaston House came into existence by the man who had the vision and was given instruction direct from God.
In 1990 God unmistakably led Sue and Derrick Hancock to Swansea to see a vision fulfilled which God had given them some years previously. The booklet (A5, 53 pages, colour) gives a brief factual account of what God did and is doing. It has been written for two reasons - to give glory to God and to show what very ordinary people can do when they step out in faith with God. 'All that we have accomplished, You have done for us' - Isaiah 26 v 12.